Monday, January 4, 2010

Blessed beyond measure!

Today, I post this with a very heavy heart....

My Tender Mercy for today are my nephews & niece.

I've been meaning on posting this for a while, but due to very crazy circumstances I haven't been able to do so.

Almost 20 years ago I was blessed to become an Aunt at the ripe ol' age of 9. I never felt like an aunt to my oldest nephew, he's always been like an younger brother. I remember vividly that day in the hospital seeing him for the first time. I couldn't believe it! A newborn baby was joining the family. It was a wonderful day.

Then two years later, the same thing happened again. Another nephew born to the family! Different hospital and much different circumstances. We weren't able to bring him home so soon due to some sort of blood testing that didn't match up. It was a sad day, on what shouldn't have been. He stayed in the hospital for a while until he was finally cleared. Ever since then that nephew had a special place in my heart.

Three years later another nephew joined the family. I was 14 at the time and it felt a little weird--I couldn't believe yet another newborn was coming into the family. For 5 years it was just "the two boys"...and now came another. He was so small and smelled so delicious. He grew into a very adorable and cute little boy.

And then almost 9 years ago, a baby girl finally joined the family. For so long I, along with my family, was only use to boys--boy noises, boy clothes, boy scouts, boy smells....everything boy! But what a joy it's been having her in the family. She surely balances out the estrogen against 3 older brothers.

I have been blessed beyond measure with the 3 greatest nephews and 1 niece. They are funny to the point of wetting your pants. They ALWAYS make me laugh. They aren't like typical "nieces & nephews", at times they're like my younger siblings and sometimes the closest I'll ever come to having children. I have loved them from the second I found out about their existence...and loved them infinitely more upon holding them for the first time. I've helped nurse them back to health and rocked them to sleep...helped them on countless projects and chose to hang out with them over friends. We've attended concerts together and they continue to introduce me to new music--that's when I start to feel the age difference of being their 'Aunt'. They have been my world and heart. I will love them every single second until the end of time and I hope they know and feel this. I am blessed to have them in my life forever. Although I won't be seeing them daily, for a season, they will be in my every thought and prayer. I have come to now learn a very expensive lesson...never take ANYTHING or ANYONE for granted. I can't wait to see them again and I know that our relationship will not change, no matter the distance.

Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing my life with four of your choicest angels.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...