Thursday, January 14, 2010

Home is where the heart is.

Yesterday was a slightly difficult day.
As I walked to my car yesterday morning, I could hear the school kids arrive back to school from their holiday break. My mind was filled with loving thoughts of my niece and how she should have been amongst the school children. It made me miss her and the morning commute was a very tearful one.
On the way home from a party last night, the radio started to play "Hey Soul Sister" by Train... my thoughts returned to my nephews and niece. If you haven't heard it, oh man, you're missing out! It's such a fun & upbeat song. Whenever we were in the car together we'd listen to it over and over and over. We loved it!! Again with the water works....
I have come to learn that home is truly where your heart is. The house where I live doesn't feel much like a home these days. It's quiet and it's hard to be there. But I have to be since my parents are there and they miss the kids just as much. Having to comfort a weeping parent is a hard thing, but I'm reassured by the fact that families can be together forever.
Thank you Heavenly Father for blessings us with eternal families.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...