Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Car Analogy.

I was thinking last night about my previous car, my Kia Sportage. It was stick (manual), had four doors and was very bright & airy. I didn't like the inadequate amount of cup holders or the fact that in time the back passenger door couldn't be used and the brakes made a horrific nose--but I put up with it, I accepted it. About a year ago I bought my lovely Honda Accord. I love how it's Ruby Red, has a sun/moonroof and gets great gas mileage. There are certain things that I love about my Honda that makes it VERY easy to forget all about my ol' Kia. However, there are also things I miss about my ol' Kia, things that were comfortable and familar.

When I first got my Honda, it was like a 'shiny, new toy'. It was extremely easy to forget about that heap of junk Kia. It had upgrades and totally new features...things my Kia didn't have. In time, I started to miss having four doors, I missed the height (being up a lil higher, compared to a car), all the memories that were made in the car, the ease and power of a manual car....ya know, the little things--things the Honda couldn't provide. But would I want to go back to the Kia? No, not necessarily, the upgrade of a newer car was a lot better! But I missed the familiarity and comfort of something I've known for a very long time. Of course I'd have to adapt to the Honda and have since. I love it but I'm grateful for my experience with the Kia. It's helped me appreciate what I have now.

That's how I feel about my Ex and the men I have in my life now. I miss my Ex, but things can't go back to the way they were. He was a chapter in my life, just like my Kia. I will always be grateful for the time I had with the 'Kia', but I know that my 'Honda' is a much better choice...or maybe the Honda's just in my life temporarily and something better will come along? I wish I could have both in my life, but that's not really an option.

Oh well..... that's just my thoughts on a very rainy Tuesday afternoon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...