Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"That's what friends are for...."

Friend –noun :
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter:
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile:


In the last couple of months, I have come to appreciate my very closest friends, especially my best friend. How many times have I called her up, without saying a word and she knew exactly what I needed: a drive down to the beach so I could just talk. I am thankful to those friends of my family who have stayed true to the very definition of 'friend'. It truly is one of life's blessings to have friends in whom we can trust, wholeheartedly. I have often thought about Job, from the Bible. When he lost just about EVERYTHING, the Book of Job says this about his three friends: "So they sat down with him upon the ground seven days and seven nights, and none spake a word unto him: for they saw that his grief was very great". That's one of my favorite passages from the scriptures. All his friends did was be there for him, they didn't say anything at all. They just sat with him. It makes me immensely grateful for those friends who have ever done that very act for me as well. I hope that I am and can be that very type of friend whenever I am called upon. Thank you friends.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...