Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saturday is a special day...

WOW!! Yesterday I had such a dang TERRRRRRRIFIC day!!! An ENTIRE TERRIFIC day!!! It was so FUN!!

On Friday evening I went to Morgan's house to pick up some pants (3 bags full!) he wanted to give my nephews. We sat and talked for about a half hour [My BFF was in the car-sorry Bugs!]. I was nervous as I walked up to his door, but as soon as we sat down all that disappeared. It's so easy to talk to him. I feel so comfortable around him. He asked me what my plans were for the weekend and I told him I had none since I was suppose to go out of town to visit relatives. He asked if he could take me to the movies and then go to the Saturday evening adult session of stake conference. I later called him that night to say that I didn't want to go to the movies but wanted to go eat waffles instead! (It's hard to get to know someone while watching a movie in a theatre). He was game!
Saturday morning-ish he picked me up and we headed to a waffle house by the Sports Arena [SO DANG DELICIOUS!] and then he had 2 errands to run (the mall & Fry's Electronic store) No biggie, he's very nice company....it's very comfortable to be around him. Afterwards he asked me if I had any errands to run or if I wanted to go anywhere. I told him "Balboa Park", but I can go there anytime, So I changed my mind to "The Old Point Loma Lighthouse & Cabrillo National monument". We walked around and ended up sitting on this wall which over looks San Diego bay, Coronado, the airport and basically all of San Diego. It was SO BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I was completely mesmerized by the view. We sat and talked for a couple hours and the weather was totally agreeable. We walked down to Senor Cabrillo to see his monument and then left. Talking to Morgan is easy and enjoyable, he makes me laugh and I think I do the same for him as well. He took me back to the Sports Arena area and we ate at this cool lil dive. They serve spaghetti sandwiches in this hollowed out roll (so it doesn't spill out the sides) but I had the lasagna sandwich. Even though it was 5 hours since breakfast I was STILL SO FULL!! I ate half of my 6 inch sandwich and he was asking me what I like for dessert and what my favorite ice cream is. So then he took me to Mission Valley for Maggie Moo's cremery ice cream. It was DAAAAANG good!!! Afterwards we strolled along the store fronts, two of which were furniture stores. We commented on different pieces and what we liked for a bedroom. It didn't feel weird that we were talking about what we wanted in a bed. He drove me home and we ended the evening.

I haven't had a day like that since...well, maybe ever! It was nice to not have to think, or be nervous... I felt completely comfortable with him and I enjoyed every second of it! This weekend has been totally awesome!! Now I know why people dread Mondays! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...