Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My love of baseball.

I had been wanting to see this movie, while it was out in theaters.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to, so I bought it once it hit the store.  I'm glad I did.  I enjoyed it.  Every time I watch it, it makes me so excited for baseball season! I. LOVE. BASEBALL.!!!
The first time I watched Trouble with the Curve, it brought tears to my eyes.  In the movie, it shares the troubled relationship Mickey has with her father, Gus.  Yet, the one thing they share is their love for baseball.   Everything she learned about baseball, came from watching her father scout potential pro-ball players. 
Just watching this movie made me think back about all the baseball games I use to watch with my Dad, while he still had his eyesight.  I loved kicking back with him and watching all those games.  It was so much fun.  He would explain little things to me, or tell me about ol' time SD Padres players.  He loves ALL sports, but he would follow baseball the closest.  When his eyesight started to go, he would try his best to continue reading the baseball stats/summary in the newspaper with his magnifying glass.  It wasn't long after that he would start to ask me to read them to him.  I enjoyed those times.  Now that he's blind, he listens to his baseball/sports games on the radio.  He's a die hard fan.  He even has my Mom set the radio to his sports station. I love that my Dad loves baseball.  I'm so grateful that we have our love of baseball to help bond us even more. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...