Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Excuse me, I'm suffering from a case of 'Butterfly Knots' today.

-So tomorrow's my recital. I'm nervous as heck and because I am, I can't memorize A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!!  When my nerves get the best of me, it's just terrible!!!  It's like my mind can't wrap itself around the lyrics that I know I KNOW.... I can already feel the knots in my stomach. Knots? Butterflies? Butterfly knots? Yes, that's exactly what I have.  I have Butterfly Knots.  That's what I'm calling them from now on.  

-Have you ever been super stoked excited to see someone...and then got way too nervous that you started to think that you don't want to see them?  Sorry, apparently I'm suffering from the 'crazies' as well today.  

-Anywhoo... I get to walk & talk with Mr. Red tonight. Walking & talking is one my most favorite thing to do with friends. I think fresh air helps people think clearer.  Plus, I always rather be outside. (And when I say "walk" I mean 'stroll', no power walking here...it'll interfere with the integrity of a good conversation)

-I finished reading Eat, Pray, Love last night and then watched the movie. Yep, the book was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better!!! Oh I loved that book!! I need to meditate. I haven't being doing so lately.  I like trying to align my chi and get my spirit in a good place.  

-Sim & I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday. OH MAN, I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!! I ALWAYS want to buy EVERYTHING in there...or at least one of everything.  I love the deal they have going on right now, Buy 2 get 1 free (of their B&N classic versions).  I found Anna Karenina, The Art of War & Tao Te Ching.   I SOOOOOOOOOOOO wanted those...but I need to finish the books I've recently purchased.  Those will the next 3 books I purchase.  But, I also found an awesome book by Walt Whitman that I want...which happens to be part of that special.  Man, I LOVE BOOKS!! I LOVE TO READ!!! As we were walking around, I felt as giddy as a kid at Disneyland.  

-Yes, books & reading have become my life. Earlier this week, I went to my secret spot for buying sweeeeet books. I TOTALLY scored on a compact quad of the scriptures (Bible & Book of Mormon).  TOTAL SCORE! I love it!! I can't wait to start reading the scriptures again, from cover to cover. I'm stoked for this smaller version because, for the last 5 months I've been hauling a VERY heavy bag to church each week. Now I can just show up with a cute small purse and call it a day! :) Love it!  I also bought: 


I've rediscovered my love affair with reading & books and I couldn't be any happier.  More on this top later...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...