Thursday, October 6, 2011

Movie...Marriage....Mmmm?

”We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness'." -Shall We Dance.






I have a lot on my mind. I have marriage weighing heavy on my thoughts.  I hung out and watched a movie with Mr. Red the other night.  He sent me home with a movie to watch.  It was a suspenseful movie about a husband who witnesses the murder of his wife.  There was a part in the movie when the husband reaches over to his wife's side of the bed. Upon noticing that it's cold, he realizes that she's been out of bed for a while.  It made me think and long for that.  Last night, I texted my friend FishLips and told him that I feel the most single (not married) at night and wondered if he ever felt the same.  He agreed. We went back and forth on this for a while. I told him that a bed feels too big without someone, near by.  Then he replied, "I just like knowing that I have a partner, a friend, someone who loves me nearby."  Ain't that the truth....
As I was writing in my journal this morning, I flipped by an entry of a movie quote that I love,
"But love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without.  I say, fall head over heels, find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back.  How do you find them? Well, you forget your head and you listen to your heart... Cause the truth is there's no sense living your life without this.  To make the journey and not fall deeply in love, well, you haven't lived a life at all.  But you have to try, cause if you haven't tried, you haven't lived." 




Oh Love.... I love you so much.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...