Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hermana R & vocal lessons....

As I'm downloading music for my stake choir pieces, I can't help but think of my music teacher, Hermana R.  Words cannot express the deep gratitude I have for her.  I have been privileged to take private vocal lessons with her every week, since this past Spring.  At first, I use to be terribly nervous around her.  I mean, this woman has sung with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, teaches at Utah Valley University and trains the new incoming members for Mo.Tab....so in short, this woman is pretty LE-GIT! See why I would be intimidated, shy and nervous around her?! She KNOWS her stuff!! Even when I try to practice 5 minutes before my lessons, I can't hide the fact that I didn't practice that whole week before.
Over the last few months, since Mama McK was released from her mission, I grew to love Hermana R more because she was a constant & familiar person at Institute.  She's taught me SO much and I'm continually blown away by the magnitude of her knowledge, talent and patience.  It has a been a blessing and a heaven sent gift to receive these lessons.  Oh how I wish I could sing like her! I have also been fortunate to sing in two stake choirs that she's directed.  [In the spring, stake choir was in Spanish and it's funny how music knows no language barrier, we all understood what she meant when she spoke. The  choir was made up of Spanish & English speakers.]  She encourages me to try harder and push myself more in refining this God given talent.  She warms my heart with her loving reassurance.  I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who sent me this angel of music.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...