Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Kuku & Tutu Aikau ♥

In honor of Dia de los Muertos....
Today is Dia de los Muertos. Before, I use to think it was weird because I thought it was a day to celebrate the dead.  It is exactly that, but I've come to see it as more than just thinking of the dead. It's thinking of those loved ones who have passed away. I like to think of it as cherishing the life they lived and the love we have for them.  Today I remember my Kuku & Tutu, my maternal grandfather & grandmother.  My Kuku passed away two months before my mission (2002).  He was a huge advocate of missionary work. Oft times I felt his presence with me on my mission. My Tutu passed away exactly 15 months after him (2003).  I was on my mission and it was one of the most difficult experiences I had to face alone. I am grateful for my testimony of the Atonement, which stemmed from that experience.
I miss my Kuku and Tutu.  They are the only grandparents I ever knew. (My paternal grandfather died long before I was born.  As for my paternal grandmother, she lived in Tonga. I only spoke to her once, since she didn't know English and I didn't speak Tongan.) I am grateful for their support in helping me learn the organ and giving me my violin.  I knew and felt of their love for me.  I wish I had a chance to know them, as an adult... to have them meet my [future] spouse and hold my children.  I look forward to the day I get to see them again. I love them with all of my heart ♥.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...