Friday, November 4, 2011

Lesson: Never Burn Bridges.

I don't remember the last time I was up this early (I started this post at 6am).  Not just up, but functioning.  I was able to find my lost resume online and now finished with it.  SO. DANG. GRATEFUL.  Also grateful that Word decided to cooperate with me. HUGE PLUS!!
So this past week I've had 4 job leads.  It's like the windows of heaven opened up and rained down on me. Two of them are with SD county, so I'll be testing for one of them tomorrow. The other two are with the church, one of which was a position I held before and LOVED!! It was seriously AWESOME! I loved what it was about, [all but one of] the people I worked with, the 2 mile proximity to my house, the hours, the benefits...it was just perfect!  The wicked awesome part of working with ChurchJob #1, it's a shoo-in for ChurchJob#2 (my old job).  ChurchJob#1 could either start in a week or in January---cross your fingers it's in a week! I want ChurchJob#2 so badly I can taste it. It's a miracle that the position is up for grabs, again.    
Yesterday, I called an old co-worker from ChurchJob#2 (who's still with the company).  We weren't really "co-workers" in the sense that we worked alongside each other every day, or every week.  She worked at a different location in southern California, in much higher position than mine.  She was my mentor and we got along very well.  When I left the company 5 years ago, she was sad to see me leave, but she understood the reason. [I could no longer work with a damn dishonest, deceiving, conniving, mean-spirited co-worker]. When I talked to her yesterday, I was pleased as punch that she remembered me!  I was nervous as heck, because I wasn't sure if she'd remember me or would help me out as a reference.  Not only would she help me out as a reference, but she said that she would put in a very good word with the manager and (hiring) field group manager--which also use to be co-worker of mine.  The awesome part of all of this is that she already put in a good word for me with my (hopefully) new manager, right after started he with the company. She told him, "it's unfortunate you never got to work the best clerk this company has ever had".  Needless to say, it was a VERY good phone call!  So glad I never burnt that bridge between her and I. 
I really truly hope I get that position again.  I've often kicked myself for walking out on that job.  I really don't have many regrets in life, but this has been my biggest one.  


(**update: I just found the CJ#2 manager on Facebook...damn, he's hot and single. Although some may see that as a good thing, I wish he wasn't...such a distraction!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...