Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Two Wedding Requests.....

Yesterday, I mentioned a lil about Mariachis.  I found some history behind them and wanted to share why I love them as much as I do.
*Mariachis often help celebrate the great moments in the lives of the Mexican people. With the serenata (serenade), the Mariachi participates in the rite of courtship. In a society where the young members of opposite sexes were kept apart, the serenata was a means of communication by which a young man could send a message of love to the woman of his heart. In many areas of Mexico, it is not unusual to be awakened by the sound of Las Mañ anitas, the traditional song for saints days, or birthdays. The Mariachi is usually positioned strategically on the street beneath the window of the festejada, but the sound of its music echoes through the whole neighborhood.
I grew up in a neighborhood where it wasn't uncommon to hear a mariachi, late on a Saturday evening. Once, a mariachi came to our house on accident, but it was such a sweet delight to hear their beautiful music.  I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a mariachi serenade me. It's such a beautiful reflection of love.   I hope to have one perform at my wedding, someday....
Speaking of weddings, if I only received one gift, please let it be this:
Right before my mission, at my grandfather's funeral, there was a photograph of my grandparents, riding a tandem bike together.  It was such a sweet picture that I captured in my heart. They looked so happy and in love.  My grandfather was in the front and my grandmother was peeking around him, with one of her big grins. I've never forgotten that photo and hope I can find it from one of my cousins so I can have a copy.  Since I laid my eyes on that photo, I wanted a tandem bike for my future husband and myself.  My grandparents looked so wonderfully happy in life and I hope to create that, within my own marriage, some day...perched atop a tandem bike.
Also, I had a missionary companion that would always sing, this song while we tracted: 
It continued to remind me of my grandparents' picture.  So nothing would please me more and make me feel more connected to my grandparents, than a lovely lil bicycle built for two.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...