Friday, March 2, 2012

In case you were wondering.....

For dessert, I had planned on:
I got him his favorite ice cream flavor: Banana. And for me, I chose my beloved Mint ice cream. Great idea for dessert, right? We'd both be happy with our favorite ice creams!
That's if someone didn't forget them at home on the counter.... :( bummer. 
As for the rest of dinner... I was NERVOUS as heck!! Seriously NERVOUS!!! As I was peeling the Prosciutto apart, my hands were shaking!!!! It was ridiculous!! I haven't had such shaky hands since I played organ at church. It was crazy!! Luckily, Houston's hugs, kisses & very kind words eased my nerves.  I was nervous because I wanted everything to be just right and also, I wanted to impress him.  He reassured me that he'd be happy with anything I made and knew it would be just wonderful
It was!  It was my first time cooking Asparagus and it was delightful!!  The Salmon was superb and the Twice Baked Potatoes were fantastic!! 
He cleaned up the kitchen, which I was going to help with, but he said that it's "house rules, the cook doesn't clean."  I'm not use to that.  It was such a great evening!!  I will say this much, it was lovely slow dancing in the kitchen with him.  I felt like I had two left feet! The only other man I've ever really slowed dance with was my Dad.  My Dad's such a good lead and I was use to him.  However, when I relaxed and just let Houston lead, then all was well.  I need to do that more often... relax and let Houston lead.

Other than that, it was a very wonderful evening.  Man, I really like Houston ♥.  Glad I get to spend tomorrow with him out in the country! Can't wait!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...