Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dear Peej.

Dear Peej (or more commonly known as PajamaPants),
I LOVE YOU.  Yesterday was a beautiful celebration of love, commitment and happiness.  Thank you for allowing me & Levi to be a part of your very special day.  It was the cutest and most loveliest outdoor wedding I had ever been to.  Hearing your vows to each other was simply beautiful.  I hope to someday find someone that makes me as happy as you and your Habibi.
I've learned a lot from you, in the last 10 years that I've known you.  I still remember the first time I met you, almost exactly 10 years ago, Oct. 25, 2002 in Philadelphia. I remember seeing you in the parking garage of the Philadelphia Convention Center.  When I first saw you, I immediately thought, "This guy looks Samoan...but also Mexican. He's kinda cute, very put together! Wow."  Later, when I met you with Coxy, we got to talking and I was kinda nervous.  I was stoked that you were from Oceanside, it made me think that you and I could possibly hangout together after our missions.  And we surely have.

 I've always had the best of times with you.  You are the funniest friend I've ever had! Everyone I introduce you to, comes to know and admit what I already know about you; that you are funny and so genuinely kind.  I'm glad you get along with everyone I introduce you to, it's always been a pleasure to take you everywhere.
It's always been easy being open and honest with you. I've appreciated all of our conversations, and trust you immensely.  Although it seems like we go weeks without talking or texting, that's ok, because our friendship always picks up right where it left off. I'm pretty sure that that will be the case for the rest of our lives, and that's ok....because I know that we will be friends for the rest of our lives.
One of the greatest gifts you've given to me, as a friend and human being, is to be more sensitive to the homosexual community.  As a Christian, it can be very easy to be desensitized to homosexuality, unless you know one, personally.  I'm grateful that our friendship hasn't changed, since you 'came out'.  If anything, I think we've become more sensitive, tolerant and understanding to each other.   I am happy that you're happy.  I'm ecstatic that you've found someone to love and share your life with .  I look forward to getting to know Habibi more.  In my brief meeting with him, I could tell that he was genuine.  He was sincerely kind and courteous.....all things that you are.  What a match! I am incredibly happy for you!!
Well, I love you my dear friend, and I couldn't have been more pleased to celebrate your big day! Thank you and thank you for everything you've brought to our friendship.

Love you,
Ehu.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...