Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Inquiring minds want to know....

I am truly grateful for my friends and acquaintances to be so happy for the relationship I have with Levi.  It's nice that they're excited because it makes me even more excited. I'm happy that they're happy and they way the gush over our Facebook photos is very enjoyable.   I know that if roles were reversed, I'd be just as stoked as all of them.  It's so very nice to have such kind friends and acquaintances take joy in your joy.

However....

Continual inquiries about a future engagement are becoming bothersome.  I don't like the prodding inquiries because I feel like it puts Levi in a compromising position.  Maybe it's my defensive side that comes out, that wants to protect Levi from uncomfortable situations.  Of course, I know he can handle any situation, but I just don't like the pressure that comes from such prodding.  Maybe these well-wishers don't realize that it's only been 4.5 months since we started dating.  Thankfully, Levi & I both feel that that would be way too soon to get engaged, and I'm perfectly ok with that.  Nothing's wrong with just dating....because to tell you the truth, I'm having tons of fun and falling more in love with my Levi.

When the time is right....       Patience, my grasshopper friends.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...