Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Funny {Sweet, Cute, & Loving} Valentines

Feb. 15, 2013:

Several weeks ago Levi started to talk about my Valentines day gift.  I LOVE his surprises, I truly do! However, contrary to popular belief, I am not the most patient person.  As much as I'd want him to tell me, I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the element of a [good] surprise.  Levi does a VERY good job at good surprises, because I'm always surprised & elated afterwards. Most of the "surprises" I've known in my life weren't even "surprises", nor were they even that good so then it just left me disappointed.  So bless his heart for all the surprises he's given me because they've been SPECTACULAR!
Levi doesn't give me any true hints, nor does he confirm/deny any of my guesses...so I'm just left wondering. However, this time, he gave me tiny hints...
1. He had to apply hinges. (he accidentally slipped on this one)
2. He'd have to borrow his Dad's truck in order to deliver it, since it's much too big to fit in his car.
3. We'd be able to use (and fill) it together.

With hint #1, I thought it was a jewelry box, because I've wanted once since he first told me that he does wood working.  After hint #2, I'd tease him that it just had to be a jewelry box after all! Then after hint #3, I was totally thrown for a loop {jokingly, I was still hoping it was the world's largest jewelry box!}.
I took him lunch at work yesterday, and had the option of looking at pictures on his phone.  As tempting as it was, I thought I'd just wait til that evening.  In the mean while, he gave me a heart shaped box of See's candy and a card, just like my Dad use to do for my Mom every Valentine's Day.  I was touched by that, and the card he picked was beyond PERFECT, for me from him.  {This man is incredible!}
As I walked into his house last night, I caught a glimpse of my gift.  Walking into the living room, I saw his Dad and friend on the couch, and wasn't exactly sure if that was really my gift. I awkwardly said hi and went off to find Levi.  We walked back to the living room and he confirmed that it was my gift. 


I was overcome with all of it! A hope chest! He MADE me a hope chest! Something that I've always wanted!!  His Dad & friend looked for a reaction {because on Christmas, I started to cry after opening my camera from Levi}, but I was seriously overwhelmed with such an enormous gift of love.  It was like sensory overload.  It was a lot bigger than I espected, I just wanted to touch it because the grain of the oak & cherry woods were so beautiful and I LOVED the scent of the cedar inside.  I just couldn't believe it.  As I took it all in, I remember hearing Levi say something about filling it with stuff we come across whenever we're out.  I also heard his Dad mentioning butterfly dishes that belonged to his Mom that could also go inside, as well as the dinner table and chairs that would go to Levi.  Their voices were like background sounds and even though I could hear their voices, it took a bit to have it all sink in.  I just couldn't stop looking at my hope chest.  Someone loves me that much to make me a whole hope chest, out of wood, with their two hands.  I think I was even a little shocked that I didn't cry because I seriously thought I was going to, but I think I was just shocked beyond belief.  {Not to worry, my normal self returned and I cried a little later}
This man is truly wonderful.  I'm so in love with him and can never get enough together time with him.  I'm so unbelievably lucky.  I know this.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...