Friday, February 8, 2013

On the up and up...

Yesterday, I woke up thinking it was Friday.  I was immediately happy, giddy and excited that I would be seeing Levi, because we had made Friday night date plans!!  Till it dawned on me that it wasn't Friday, but in fact just Thursday.  Man, I was so bummed! Such a let down.  It felt like the day seemed even longer.  When I woke up this morning, I couldn't wait for the day to pass quickly and to get my optometrist appoint over with cause I would soon be seeing Levi.
However.... it wasn't smooth sailing today....
-Found out from my Facebook newsfeed, from a conversation between my nephew's fiancee and her friend, that he's getting married on June 21.  Yet again, just like his engagement, I had to find out about his life on Facebook. Well then again, her grandma didn't know about the upcoming wedding until that same Fb conversation.  It's so nice that they're old enough to get married, but not mature enough to inform family members--like his own Mom. Wow....
-Got in a huge argument with my parents.  Hurtful things were said and to be honest, it was emotionally draining. 
-Skipped out on my optometrist appointment, because my eyes were red from crying and rubbing them.  To be honest, the optometrist that I go to is a jerk and I didn't want to give him something else to ream me about
But in the end, just like the rainy, grey weather of today, the day/evening got better!
**My friend Tui, who's Tongan & Japanese, received her mission call today to the Japan Sendai mission.  She'll be entering the MTC on April 24.  She called me up to personally tell me and thank me for making her feel so welcomed in the CVYSA ward when she started attending right after high school.  That really touched my heart that amongst all the calls she made today, she felt prompted to call me and to thank me.  I teared up.  I'm so happy for her!  She's going to be a terrific missionary!
**Filippi's Pizza Grotto, is opening a location here in Imperial Beach! OH YEAAAAAH!!! Man, I LOOOOOVE their pizza! Seriously, it fills the Pie Pizzeria hole that I have in my heart. 
**I had a fabulous date night with my sweetheart.  Just being with him was more than I could have asked for today.  It was perfect.  We went to Aroma Thai and had yellow curry w/ chicken and broccoli and chicken in peanut sauce. DELICIOUS!!!! Oh man, I LOOOOOOVED it!!  Then we stopped in at Oasis Ice Cream Parlor where it has THE BEST ice cream in the world! Seriously, I LOVE this place! I had coconut & watermelon and it was DIVINE!! It's like eating a real frozen watermelon and coconut! I have no desire to go to Cold Stone, with Oasis around!! Levi had banana and rocky road and man, it was super yummy!!!!! Gosh, I love this place too much!  Afterwards we went to see Identity Thief and man, I totally LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!!!  I have always enjoyed Melissa McCarthy because she will forever be Sookie St. James, in my mind. It was just a spectacular evening with my sweetheart.  He's the best, he really is!  Oh my lucky stars, I'm so blessed.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...