Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hump Day/Valentine's Day Eve Randies....

*Man, I own A LOT of stuff. Seriously, it's almost just too much STUFF.  As much as I love all my picture frames, I either need to hang all of them or take the photo out and just put 'em in photo albums.  I look around and I just feel like it's a bunch of clutter.  When my cousin Andrea & her husband came back from Fiji, they got rid of A LOT of their stuff because they felt like it was just TOO MUCH compared to what Fijians had.  She was so glad for it, and since then I've tried to have that same mentality.............but I feel like I'm failing at it.  Try again, Ehu, try again.

*Last night, at Young Womens Volleyball practice, I ended up playing a 2 vs. 6 game.  One of the girl's Dad offered to team up with me to play a game against the girls.  I wasn't really expecting to play a game, but man, it felt so good!  He's a strong partner, which makes a world of difference!  We were dominating over the girls, and as happy as I was about that, I was also worried about how the girls were playing.  Their first game is in a week and a half, with one more practice next week.  We'll see how it all pans out....

*Man oh man, I am ECSTATIC for Valentine's Day!  I'm so excited that I'll be able to see Levi, after his class, since we'll be going to our favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner.  We LOVE Panda Inn, so we'll be celebrating Valentine's Day as well as Chinese New Year that was this past Sunday. All in all, I'm just over the moon to see my sweetheart. More so, it puts me one day closer to see my Valentine's Day gift that he's been working on for the last several weeks.  I'm not the most patient person, so I've been trying to egg him on in telling me what it is!  He knows me too well and NEVER falls for it. {darn it!} I'm also super stoked to give him his Valentine's Day gift on Saturday.  YAY for Vday weekend celebrations! 

*So after FHE on Monday, two friends complimented me on how well I conducted FHE.  Honestly, I get so dang nervous having to conduct that meeting, so I told them, "I would rather sing a solo in church than have to conduct FHE"....and then it happened.  No more than 5 minutes later, I found myself talking to the music chairman/ward organist, offering to sing a solo, since she was out of options & pianists (and was going to sing a solo herself, but the accompanist wasn't going to work out).  I said to her, "If you're REALLY desperate, I can sing a solo, of a song that I've sung at church before" and she quickly accepted.  Suddenly conducting FHE didn't look too bad anymore..... man, I'm a lil nervous.  Ok, let's be serious here, I'm WAY nervous.  Whenever I've had to sing at church, I always hope to have a friendly face to focus on, because it makes it a loteasier to feel relaxed.  Plus, it's always been reassuring to know that at least that one friendly face will still love you in the end, in case I messed up.  When I had to sing this song for the first time, back in CVYSA, I had Mama McK, Mr. Red & my entire family there to support me.  I was so nervous, and due to the beautiful lyrics of the song, I was overwhelmed with tears after I sang.  It was nice to look up and see such warm and friendly smiles from my loved ones, as well as reassuring texts.  I'm just really nervous to be singing a solo again.  I hope to have at least one reassuring face in the congregation that'll still be my friend in case I butcher my song.  Sometimes, ok, maybe all the time, my nerves get the best of me.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...