Monday, March 30, 2009

Mellow Monday.

For some reason this morning, I was NOT looking forward to work. I felt a lil nervous/anxious about going to work... as though it was my first day there. I have no idea why. Well, I sorta do...
There's this guy at work that likes to take off his shoes at his desk. He also likes to walk around the office w/o his shoes on. Well, there's this girl at work that likes to take his shoe, especially when he walks around the office w/o them on. On Thursday, I hid one of his shoes and he couldn't find it for about 20 minutes. He also needed to use the restroom during that time. Well, I had a friend give it back to him since he wasn't able to find it.
When I got back from lunch on Friday, I noticed that he took his shoes off again. He walked away from his desk and noticed that "Jeans" wasn't at her desk, in the next cubicle over. I took his shoe and ditched it off under her desk. 10 minutes later he came up behind me and sternly told me that he didn't like me taking his shoe and wanted me to give it to him. I honestly told him that I didn't have it. He became more infuriated and ran his mouth a lil more. I told him where he could find it, apologized and off he went. Then I received an email from Jeans saying: "Please don't hide "Knox Jr's" shoes under my desk. He just came over here and yelled at me". Knox Jr. also yelled at my accomplice. I felt terrible. I would never have wanted Jeans to get yelled at. I called her and apologized and she was livid. I was able to smooth things over, but I just felt wretched! I suddenly felt like the least liked person in the whole building.
I wasn't anxious to get to work this morning, like I usually am. In fact, I showed up late. The day turned out better than I imagined. Both Jeans & Knox Jr. spoke to me and I'm glad. I'm happy today went well. Maybe that's how I should start showing up to work, expecting the worse? Eh, who knows...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...