Friday, March 20, 2009

Sometimes I forget....

...to count my blessings. Sometimes I get too caught up with all the unnecessaries and get overwhelmed. "Sometimes" happened earlier today.

I'm thankful to my Bishop who left a comment on my Facebook page saying "C U in the SD Temple tomorrow". Who knew how big off an impact that would be. It reminded me that I need to look over the molehill/mountains. Maybe he didn't think that'd make a difference for me, but it did. It reminded me that I can't show up to the Temple tomorrow with a sour attitude. I also appreciate my nephew Sim for saying 'Good night' to me. I thought he was upset with me for something done earlier in the week. I'm grateful for the opportunity to give and receive forgiveness.

Have you ever heard the example of 'if everyone were to throw their trials and tribulations into a big pot, you would want to pick out your own.'. Meaning, you may think that your challenges are difficult, but someone else might be worse off....thus making your trials and tribulations seem more like blessings. Usually, if we look for them, they can be true blessings. Maybe not in the very second--but in time, blessings can be drawn from trials.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...