Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Not too terrible" Thursday

-I didn't talk to that attorney today. I didn't have to and he never called. PHEW!!! I just hope that is ALL OVER with!!

-I had a couple run ins with Mr.NY today. Seriously, he is the nicest guy I have EVER worked with!! I had a stack of forms that needed to be returned to another side of the office. From my office door I was looking at who I could hand them off to, since I was the only one in my department answering the phones. As I was surveying over the drivers, he came out of no where and snatched them from me saying, "Where do they go? I'll take them." JUST LIKE THAT?! I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say or do. Afterwards he came over to talk to me about helping me out with some daily mailing of serves. Why is this man single?! Why hasn't any woman tried to take this man off the market!??! HELLO?! Wow....

-I got to speak about the Temple tonight at Relief Society's Enrichment night. I teared up...(typical) I was just so overcome by the spirit. I truly love the temple. I love the peace and solace I can find there.

-We did a 'heart attack' to an 18 y/o girl who hasn't been doing so well. To explain what a 'heart attack' is.....basically you write a short message on a paper heart cut out and "attack" that person's door with it--it's just a small way to let that person know they're loved and being thought of. Well, about 10 of us went to this girl's front door and were plastering hearts all over her front porch. 2 minutes into it, her father opened the door and said "AH-HA!!" We all paniced and started running towards our cars.....except for me.
I turned around and followed the first girl I could see. Let me remind you that it was DARK and I could NOT see, for the life of me, where I was running to!!! I was just anticipating a hole, that I was eventually roll my ankle into and then I'd be down for the count, with a mouth full of grass!!! We made it off the grass and I was still running after Katie....all the way back to her car!! I thought about jumping in it but all of my stuff was in my friend Kristen's car---5 houses in the OTHER direction!! By this point, everyone had gotten into the right cars and were getting ready to drive off! I, on the other hand, had to do the walk of shame up the block back to Kristen's car. I was trying to play it off as though I just happened to be taking an evening stroll. Yeah right! I would have ran, but seriously it was pitch black!! I did NOT need to fall and rip my pants! Once I got into Kristen's car, we had the biggest laugh of our lives and then I noticed that I still had a paper heart clutched in my fist! Oh man, good times! I'm so glad I went tonight!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...