Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's still Saturday since I haven't gone to bed yet....

Yesterday: (Friday)
I straightened my hair and wore a buttoned down white shirt to work. I asked Mr.NY if I happened to look "Mormon". He said that he did notice my hair and shirt, but didn't want to assume it was towards our conversation from the other night. He was still afraid I was offended by his comment. I reassured him that I wasn't since I thought I'd tease him with it yesterday. My gosh, he's so freakin' cute!
I went out with Rudy, Mike, Cathy & Neeka for dinner. Cathy moved to Texas today. She'll be missed!! Cathy, Rudy, Mike & I attended Primary together. It's a trip that we're friends after all these years. Wow! It was a fun night. We ate at Fuddruckers (Wow, I'm a new fan of their burgers!!) and ended up at Rudy's house playing RockBand while eating dulces.
Today: (Saturday)
I wasn't in the mood for going to the Temple. I just wanted a day off--to really enjoy the beautiful day that it was! I was thinking of what life would be like to have the WHOLE weekend. I grudgingly got ready and set off to the Temple. I'm glad I went. Two times today, I had such perfect timing!! I was walking up the stairs and just happened to come across an old friend that I haven't seen for almost 10 years!! It was so tremendously wonderful to come across Irene. That alone made me grateful I went to the Temple today. My friend Steven was getting married at the Temple today at 1pm. By the time I was free, it was already 1:15. I thought for sure I had totally missed seeing him. I thought I'd go up to the sealing rooms and wait around til afterwards. Just then, who do I see?! Steven and Jodi!! I was so stoked I could see him and give him a hug!! I'm so grateful for those 2 blessings today. It really helped my day at the Temple.
Tomorrow: (Sunday)
The "Break the Fast" menu for my ward tomorrow is "Hawaiian"!! I'm so excited!! I love cooking, and most especially, I love cooking for others. I'll be making Kalua Pig & Cabbage and Pineapple Upside Down cake. I'd make the rest of the menu--but by the time I get home from church, I'd only have 2 hours to make Macaroni Salad, about 70 Spam Musubis, Rice and Green Salad. Noooooooope, that'd be too much to do!! Anywho, I'm excited for tomorrow! G'nite!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...