Friday, April 8, 2011

The blessing of music and singing.

Yep, I'm still up. I don' t sleep the normal hours. I should...especially tonight since I have finals later today.

Anyways, I'm listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" to help prepare me for our upcoming Stake Conference. I'm really excited for it!! I always love to sing. In the last several years, it's been the only reason I attended church sometimes. Singing in our Stake choir was always a dream of mine growing up. That dream finally became a reality 2 years ago when the invitation was extended to me. I was elated, and tears still well up in my eyes when I think of this dream come true. Some may think it's silly, but I've listened to some of the most wonderful singers come through there. Such angelic voices! So to be apart of that was phenomenal!
I'm looking forward to this Stake conference because the choir is made up of the Latino members of the stake, as well as some Spanish speakers. I'm not really either of those, but I LOVE to sing in Spanish and I'm glad all my high school and college Spanish classes will be put to use. We'll be singing "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" & "Jesus, Once of Humble Birth" in Spanish. I invited my sister to come sing in the choir because we're always in need of Altos and she's fluent in Spanish. Since I would need someone to translate the director's instructions, I figured I'd sit with my sister.......in the Alto section. Not only will I be singing in Spanish, but in a different vocal range. I'm stoked for the challenge. I always enjoy trying to sing Alto! Luckily for these two hymns, I've got the Alto down pat! I'll do my very best to look up from my choir book, but I'll have my nose pressed to the music sheets!! I'm excited!!!

Next challenge: Not crying or tearing up while singing!! Always an obstacle!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...