Monday, April 11, 2011

Empathy.

I have a dear friend who I haven't seen for a couple years, but means so much to me. This past weekend, "Dixie" lost his brother in a terrible accident. I can't stop thinking about it. I just want to give my friend a warm embrace and hold him until the pain goes away. I wish I could tell him that "everything's going to be alright". Of course nothing's going to be the same anymore. I can't stop thinking about how he lost his brother at such a young age and more than just that....how his daughter will now grow up without a father. I just feel so much sadness for my friend. It makes me sad because they're both so young and there's so much more life ahead. He's even been to war in Afghan but yet he dies in an accident while working?! How does that happen!? It makes me weep for my friend, his family and all those that knew Dixie's brother. Milestones that will never be had and celebrations that will never be shared.

Life is short. Never let a day go by without expressing your love to those you care about.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...