Thursday, May 5, 2011

Debate Essay pt. 2

The other side of this homework assignment is to debate with a classmate's debate thread (online).  That's usually fine and all, but the only ones I have to choose from so far are: 
  • Against Cloning.
  • In opposition to illegal immigration.
  • In favor of parental notification and consent when a minor wants to get an abortion.  
Do you see my predicament??!?


      I'd have to be:
  1. For Cloning: OF COURSE I'm not for cloning because I don't think we should try to mess around trying to be God.  WTH!?!?  I CANNOT debate that!
  2. In favor of illegal immigration: How the heck would I justify any reason to be for something illegal?! But I just can't debate it because I feel like I would be turning my back on close friends [& their families] who did that themselves. I don't agree with it, but I just don't feel comfortable debating that.
  3. In opposition of parental notification and consent when a minor wants to get an abortion: Really?!? Geez, I can't even think of how I'd try to oppose such a debate! That would make it sound like I'm 'pro-choice'.  I think there are very specific reasons for abortion, but I do not condone it as means of birth control.  
I have until tonight to pick a topic to debate or until my other SEVERAL classmates start posting their topics!!! I'm REALLY striving hard to maintain my 100% grade point in my classes this semester.  IF someone doesn't post soon, I WILL have to choose from one of the above topics.  URGGGG!!!  


You're just doing it for the grade, Ehu....it's just an assignment.  


***update... I ended up going with the "For Cloning".  As mentioned above, I HAD to pick a topic to debate.  I don't believe in it, but for the sake of argument that's what I'll be going with.  So far I think it's in the bag!***
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...