Monday, May 9, 2011

Birthday Dress.

I woke up in the middle of the night, so I decided to finish watching "The Secret Life of Bees".  Something I didn't quite notice the first time I watched it were the dresses.  Most of the women in the movie wear dresses/skirts the whole time.


It fed into my need for wearing dresses and skirts.  I have no idea where this desire to wear dresses & skirts more often has come from?!  But I like it.  They also wore very lovely brooch pinned to their dresses. LOVED it!!


Then it made me think of my birthday dress.  Since my birthday will be on a Sunday this year, I want to make a church appropriate dress....styled after the 50's.  I want to make this:
Isn't it just so snazzy!?  I love it!! It's actually a cocktail dress from the 1950's.  [So in essence I'm making a cocktail dress for church ;) ] I already have the shoes and necklace that I want to wear with it.  I'm trying to think of the color and fabric I'd like to go with.  I'm thinking Seersucker, because I love the way it feels.  I like textured fabrics, like last year's birthday dress that I made: 
It adds a lil bit of fun for me to enjoy while wearing it.  I just like those lil touches that I know about.  Something my Mom use to point out to me after she made me something to wear.   Hmm...maybe I'll go with the fabrics found here and here.  I want something nice & classy but nothing ostentatious.   
I can't wait to make this cocktail dress!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...