Wednesday, May 11, 2011

DINNER TIME!!!

OH MAN!! I'm not gonna lie (or even try to be humble about it) tonight's dinner & dessert are probably my BEST creations EVER!!! 

I made like a  Tortilla soup, but I made it with Pork Chorizo & Pinto beans.  It's been simmering in the Crock pot all day and it smells so warm & welcoming.  I love it when a house smells like that! I stewed some fresh tomatoes--I LOVE peeling them!  Added some chopped onions, green bell peppers & corn.  As I've been tasting it through the day, it just gets better and better!! I thickened the tomato broth with a roux and set the Crock pot at warm.  I'm seriously so excited to eat it and to have my family partake of it's goodness as well!! 

I chopped up some Cilantro and I can't wait to top my soup with it!! I love the fresh aroma of Cilantro!!  It reminds me of how blessed I am to live in San Diego and grow up around the Mexican culture.  

For dessert, I made a Strawberry Mango cobbler!!! Oh man, right now as I type this the house smells HEAVENLY!!! My mouth has been watering all day!!  I SERIOUSLY can't wait til dinner tonight!!!

Thank you Mama McK for making the best foods for me to recreate and tweek a bit!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...