Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Food for thought....

Since I woke up this morning I've been thinking about men & age.  

Specifically, Montana and Cubby came to mind.  Montana is 30 but acts and seems SO MUCH OLDER.  I feel like we don't relate sometimes.  I then started to think of Cubby.  He's 22 years old but doesn't seem like it.  I asked him once if my age ever bothered him [I'm 30], he said I don't act like my age or older than him in any way.  He asked me likewise and I told him that I didn't notice an age gap at all.  Cubby then said it's like we meet in the middle. I liked that. So I came to the conclusion that what I needed to date were younger, yet mature men.  Ok, I could do that.

Tonight, I got a bit bored/overwhelmed with my essay homework, so I laid back on my bed and did some pondering.  I started to wonder, 'Why do people get married?'  Some get married because it's the next step in life...others because they want to start a family....a few, to have sex....there were several different reasons.  I started to really think about why I would even consider such a thing.  Then something started to make sense... some get married because they want to be with that person for a long time.  A very VERY long time.  They don't want to have to say 'good night' at the end of the night or wait to see them the next day.  

In the midst of all this pondering,  I texted FishLips.  I just wanted to know how old he felt.  Texting led to a phone call.  A phone call led to some really good advice to consider.  I told him of my 'men & age' woes.  He suggested that maybe I just need to find someone that I can relate to. I never quite thought of it that way.  I think that was always just an afterthought, after my list of my "ideal" man.  Then he shared something else with me. He told me how his Mom, upon returning home from a date, would ask if he missed his date after he got home.  To miss someone.... Hmm.  More food for thought.  It made me think back to what I was pondering earlier..."some get married because they want to be with that person for a long time".  

So IF I ever come across that bridge of dating & marriage, THEN I'll need to keep in mind that I should look for someone who I can relate to as well as someone I long to be with.  

Just something to ponder about on a Monday night.....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...