Sunday, September 18, 2011

Beautiful words.

I was over at Mr. Red's tonight and we got talking about his favorite book.  I'm TRYING to read it but keep failing at it.  He shared some quotes with me, from the author, that makes me want to read it even more now!

"The glance has been so abused in love stories that we have ended up discounting it.  Hardly anyone dares now say that two beings fell in love because their eyes met.  And yet that is the way you fall in love and it is the only way you fall in love.  The rest is simply the rest and comes after. Nothing is more real than those great seismic shocks that two souls give each other in exchanging that spark."

&

"All of us, whoever we may be, have beings we breathe in like air.  If they are lacking, air is lacking, we suffocate.  Then we die.  To die for lack of love is appalling; the suffocation of the soul."

I feel like those two quotes are so simply beautiful.  It makes me ponder, to depths of my being, if I've ever experienced such feelings.  I LOVE love. I love being in love.  I love everything that relates to it.  It's such a powerful feeling to allow yourself to be open, giving, trusting, and vulnerable with someone who loves you more so, because of it.

Thank you, Victor Hugo...via  Mr. Red
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...