Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thoughts on a Thursday.

Since yesterday, I've been reading, The Traveler's Gift.  I stumbled across it while at a friend's house and thought I'd check it out.  I looked at it before, but I was really drawn to it yesterday.  Now I know why! I can't put it down!! I just want to continue reading it but there are so many GREAT points to ponder.   I'm about half way through and hope to finish it off by tonight. 
I didn't really read the back cover or see what it was about, nor did I read the subtitle; 
"Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success".  
I would have thought this was a 'self-help' book and disregarded it. So far, it has a vibe like, The Alchemist.  
The Traveler's Gift is about a man, David Ponder, who was once a successful executive that lost his job and basically all meaning to his life.  Things take a turn for the worse when his 12-year-old daughter falls ill and needs medical help.  In the depths of despair, willing to give it all up while driving recklessly on icy roads, he suddenly finds himself on an incredible journey through time that helps him discover the 'seven decisions that determine personal success'.  


Some of my favorite lines from the book so far;
  • "Challenges are gifts, opportunities to learn"
  • "I am where I am today--mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially--because of my decisions I have made"
  • "Serving is a way we can place value on one another. A wise man is a server."
  • "He who serves the most grows the fastest"
  • " I will become a humble servant.  I will not look for someone to open y door- I will look to open the door for someone.  I will not be distressed when no one is available to help me-I will be excited when I am available to help."
Seriously, I cannot wait to continue reading this book tonight!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...