Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Birthday Blessings!

I have NEVER felt so much love and admiration on my birthday before in my life!  My heart has been SO FULL that it could burst!! 


Wish #1: Some of the things I wanted for my birthday was to have my dear friend, PajamaPants attend church with me. He has such a BEAUTIFUL voice and I've longed to hear him sing the hymns again.
When I saw him in the chapel at church, I wanted to run up to him and give him a huge hug. I would have cried, but I had to sing a song in front of my ward, so I saved the tears til later.  I can't express my feelings of happiness having him by my side that day.  I asked him if he ever got nervous before he performs, he said, "EVERYTIME!".  It made me feel SO much better!  Oh I love my friend PajamaPants.  

Wish #2: I asked Mr. Red if he could go to church that day, on my bday.  I started to grow a lil worried that he wasn't going to be there, since I didn't see him minutes before it started. I happened to look across the chapel and there he was! It warmed my heart! I wanted him there because he has such a calming presence about him (even though I still get a lil nervous around him, sometimes).  I knew that I could look at him during my song and not feel so anxious, and also that he wouldn't judge me too harshly afterwards.  I'm so grateful for him and the close friend that he's become. 

I didn't really have any other expectations for my birthday, since they've usually been downers.  But any expectation I could have had, would have been blown out of the water! Like I said, I have never felt so much love in my life, on my birthday.  I wanted to cry tears of gratitude for all of my beloved friends who made my day extra special.  I've never received so many birthday presents in my life. They were all so special and I know they were given with so much love.  I counted each of my friends as a birthday present that I'm blessed to have each and every day.  
I loved the surprise of having a dear friend join me at church that day. Even as I type this, tears are streaming down my face.  I couldn't have been more grateful to sit next to her at church.  I have been blessed to get to know her and become closer friends with her.  She gave me such a sweet present: make up brushes. I  know that came from the heart because she knows my lack of make up skills and this will help encourage me to learn a lil more, and turn to her when I fail miserably trying :) Thank you Izzy. I love you so much! The card was endearing and I loved the cute bag as well!!  
I know birthdays aren't about presents, and honestly I wasn't expecting ANYTHING.  But I'm just so humbly grateful for the presents I received because they were from friends who know me and so I felt like they were giving me a token of themselves to me.  I love the earrings that my friend CC gave me.  They were her earrings that I've had my eye on.  She's going on her mission and can't necessarily wear them.  I asked about them once, but she told me her sisters already staked claim on them once she died.  DANGIT! Adios earrings.  So glad I didn't open her gift at church, I started crying when I unwrapped the tissue paper and realized what was inside.  I called her up immediately, sobbing.  I thanked her so much because I felt like she was leaving behind a part of herself as she embarks on her mission. Her card was enough, but her earrings meant so much more. 
 I got to hold Nash's baby girl, BabyChleo, during Relief Society. Oh I LOVE her SO MUCH!!! I steal her away from her parents every chance I get!! I think she spits up on me every time I hold her, but I never mind.  I love holding her and sometimes rocking her to sleep. I love her so much because I love her parents just as much. They mean so much to me and I love their lil family.  Oh this lil girl.... she has me wrapped around her heart! I will miss her the most when I leave my YSA ward.

I had such a FUN and emotional day because I just felt so much love from everyone that I came across.  I loved the red velvet cupcakes that my dear friends made for me.  I loved the cards with words full of love and friendship. I loved the birthday greetings and hugs that were given to me.   

I had dinner with the family and close family friends back at my house.  
GOOD food + GREAT company = HAPPINESS!
Hung out with some of my friends kids! I love them so much! I can't believe they're growing up so quickly! They gave me such a thoughtful gift, a Disney Princess puzzle.  Bless their hearts! I told them I'd come over to their house so we could put it together, together.
I LOVED all of my birthday, and even the days leading up to it.  Seriously, this was probably my best birthday ever! I think I say that every year.  But what touched me the most, was the card I got from my niece and nephew.

From Novee: 
Oh Just Ehu, Luv ya. Happy Birthday first of all. You are so awesome. You are the best ant in the world, thank you for everything. 

From Sim:
Hey "A-Who?"! So, I read your blog today. I am so touched that you see us 4 that way and can only say, if we were angels sent to bless your life, then heaven must've hand picked you to be our aunt, cuz not just anyone gets to host angels.  Thanks for being the world's greatest Aunt!

For a birthday that I wasn't too thrilled about, it turned out FAR BETTER than I could have ever imagined.  Thank you to everyone who made me feel special in every way possible. I hope that I can return the favor in any way possible.  My cup runneth over...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...