Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"Good reading can become a love affair" -G.Hinckley

What's on my night stand right now....
Lately, I've rediscovered my love affair of reading.  I finished, The Traveler's Gift, and LOVED it!!! So much good food for thought!!  Last Saturday, I spent sometime talking with Mr. Red about his favorite book.  I've been trying to read it since March. I talked with my friend FishLips and he suggested I try again.  I did.  Les Miserables is so wonderful!
I've been reading, Standing for Something, off and on since last week. I love the virtues that Pres. Hinckley speaks about.  They're a good reminder of what I need to do to improve my life.
The Te of Piglet makes me love Piglet even more.  I love the philosophies that are presented. Such good food for thought.  I like reading this book when I just need to clear my mind and not really concentrate on remembering different characters.  So good...can't wait to start on The Tao of Pooh.
My sister LOVED Eat, Pray, Love so I figured I'd borrow it from her.  I started to get into it, but misplaced it.  I found it recently and thought I'd try it again.  Every time I read it, I just want to take a trip to India, Italy & Indonesia!!

As I sat in a waiting room yesterday, reading Standing for Something, I came across two great points:
-"We must not rest in our personal development--development that is emotional and spiritual as well as mental.  There is so much to learn and so little time in which to learn it."


-"Indeed, the schooling of our spirits is as important as the schooling of our minds, if not more important"


I don't know where this resurgence of learning and reading came from...but I'm grateful for it. I have so much more I need to learn and read, life is short!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...