Thursday, April 19, 2012

Not what I expected.

I got out of the shower about 10 minutes ago.  As I was getting dressed, I heard noises.  Noises that sound like crying and wailing. It wasn't all too distinct, but it sounded very close (in proximity).  I stopped to listen closer and it sounded like it was coming from downstairs. As I focused in on the sound, it became clear that it's how my Mom cries when she's extremely emotional.  I haven't heard such crying since my sister lost her sister about twenty years ago.  My heart rate sped up and my mind began to race, "Oh no! Mom woke up and found my Dad dead?!?!"  That has been my constant worry over the last couple of years. It's a valid concern when my Dad's 76 years old and not in the best of health. 

I quickly grabbed whatever clothes I could find and my phone--in case I needed to call 911 and my sister.  As I continued to dress, I could still hear the noise and I tried to mentally prepare myself for what I was expecting to find.  Thoughts flooded my mind, "No wonder why Dad was so emotional when saying good-bye to Bub, last night.  No wonder why he wanted me to hang out with them when I got home last night.  Did I even say good-bye or good night to him, last night??" 
Papa saying goodbye to Bub.
As I raced down the stairs,  I didn't hear the noise as much. I knocked on my parents' door and my Mom's voice cheerfully said, "Come in".  I opened the door and saw my Mom reaching in her closet as my Dad sat on the bed, putting on his shirt. 

NOT. WHAT. I. EXPECTED.
R-E-L-I-E-V-E-D!!!!

I told my Mom what I thought I heard and she said she heard the same thing. My Dad wished me a "Good Morning" and I couldn't help but agree with him.  Oh man, I couldn't be happier to see my parents up and about, getting ready for the day. 

I left their room shaking, my heart still racing. I was emotionally & mentally exhausted, all in a matter of two minutes.  I was expecting the very worse! I was out of breath and out of sorts.  I had to call my sister because this was all too much to take in, at once.  What a relief! 

Today, I will be a lot more grateful for my family, most especially my Dad ♥
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...