Thursday, April 5, 2012

Powder ≠ Good Idea.

I remember the time I came home from Young Women's camp when I was 16 years old.  I had such a blast and hardly slept the entire week.  When I came home, my nephew greeted me with a Watermelon Jolly Rancher and insisted that I try one of his new favorite candies.  I barely had the wrapper off, when I immediately crash landed on the living room floor and fell asleep.  When I woke up, hours later, I had the WORST taste in my mouth.... not to mention my arm and face were sticky.  That didn't bother me as much as the terrible taste I had in my mouth.  I tried to drink water and brush my teeth, but I couldn't get rid of it.  Even through dinner I could still taste that wretched candy.  It felt like it was in my nasal passages and with every swallow, I could taste it.  It didn't go away for a long time, that evening.

This morning, I woke up with that same feeling...  

I straightened my hair on Tuesday, and wanted to have it straight for an event I have tonight. I liked the way I FINALLY had it.  It was just the right amount of oil and weighed my hair down just perfectly....so I didn't wash it last night.  However, yesterday I came across a friend's blog that said inbetween her 3-4 days apart of hair washing, she uses baby powder to absorb any extra oil, from her scalp.  I thought I'd do that last night.

Bad, BAD mistake....

Oh man, I couldn't fall asleep because of the strong scent of baby powder ALL around me.  I felt like I was inhaling it in by boatload.  And then my eyes started to dry out.  I had to put eye drops in my eyes!!  I started to feel eye boogies forming.....it was the damn powder. I got up, brushed my extremely dry hair, tied it up into pigtails and a scarf.  This was ridiculous!!! I couldn't breathe.  It felt like everything around me was covered in baby powder. Geez, I didn't think I put that much on. 

When I woke up this morning, my lovely, perfectly oily, straight hair was gone!! My hair was now dry and terribly frizzy!!! YUCK!!! And I felt like powder was still coming off of my scalp and hair.  No matter how much I brushed it, it wasn't making a difference.

Hello shower.

UGH. So my word of advice.... don't do it, unless you have fine hair and a bristle brush. And half of a palm full of powder is MORE than enough.

Dangit..... now I've gotta straighten it all over again and HOPE it'll look good for tonight. Shucks.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...