Wednesday, April 11, 2012

For the record: Friendship.

I think I need to explain something quick!

This is Mr. Red:



We are ONLY and ever will be only friends.
Yes, I did like him (VERY past tense). 
But that's not the reason we're still friends.  In my last post, I mentioned that I "crave spending time with him."  I do, that's true. 
The reason why I "crave" that time hanging with him is because I can talk to him about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING, and NEVER feel judged.....and I have discussed EVERYTHING under the sun with him.  I don't have many friends that I can be so open with, like I am with him and my very best friend, Bugs.  A few friends come close and I'm grateful for them and their friendship.  Them too, do I desire spending time with.

I'm the kind of person that genuinely loves her friends. I miss them when I don't see them or talk with them for long periods of time.  I grew up with 2 best friends living right across the street from me.  I never had to experience losing a friendship due to moving.  To this day, I still live within a one mile radius of Liz & Eidde and talk to them to this day. I love my friends, I tell them that whenever we talk.  If I died tomorrow, I hope my friends know of the love I have for them, the blessing it's been for them to call me a friend and that my life has been enriched because of them. I never like saying goodbye to a friend or a friendship, and avoid it at all costs. 

So about my friendship with Mr. Red.....  I've trusted him with my deepest secrets, my craziest thoughts and my most sensitive feelings.  He knows me as well as my best friend, Bugs and my sister, Bec.  When we're hanging out, we're usually just talking. He is an intelligent individual and I'm always left with the appetite and aspiration to learn.  The fact that his gender happens to be male, sometimes strikes a nerve with the guys I date.  I've learned to not mention Mr.Red to them, anymore than I do about my female friends. 

I can only hope that the guys I date understand that when I say, "We're only friends" that they trust me completely on that fact.  Because if roles were reversed, I would understand and never ask them to stop befriending someone that makes them want to be a better person. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...