Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pregunta.

I just came across this question while cruisin' the net, right now;

"Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?"

This morning, I woke up to a VERY unexpected text that said, "Just got back into the states. Give me a call later", sent at 4:58am.

It was from a friend that I haven't seen or spoken with in months! Ok, it was more like 3 months, but still that's been a very long time, when especially we live 7 miles from each other. Especially when it's a friend that I crave spending time with talking...walking....thinking...meditating.

Part of me was happy, overjoyed that this friend was alive and well because honestly, I had no idea what the hell happened to him.  Seriously, lately I was thinking, "Ok, well I guess he moved on and didn't feel the need to tell me that our friendship ended".  I was bitter and sad. Especially since he lives across the street from Houston, as well as my favorite beach spot, and I would ALWAYS see his place.  My heart ached because I deeply missed my friend and longed for his friendship.   I started to give up, thinking that he moved on with his significant other and that we were no longer friends. 

I don't know how I feel, exactly.....  I know I don't feel like jumping at his text.  I know I'm bummed at the way our friendship's been the last couple months.  I know that I shouldn't let my pride get in the way. 

So to answer the above mentioned question, in this situation--I don't know, I feel like both happened.  For the last couple months, I was losing touch with a very dear friend who lives so close to me and then he moved away [for a bit]. 
Sigh.
I miss those days of childhood when your farthest friend just lived on the next block over. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...