Friday, January 16, 2009

My Friday Faves 5...wrapped up into 1!

WOW!! WOW!!

Did that really happen??

((It's gonna be a loooooooooooong one. Sorry, I don't edit details so well))

This morning when I got to work I went over to talk to Mr.NY about the airplane miracle that happened yesterday in New York. We talked for a few minutes and then I returned back to my office. Gosh, I love his eyes!!

Then I had the idea to invite him to Mamacita's lil boy's birthday fiesta tomorrow. Her family cooks AMAZINGLY fantastic Mexican food. Plus, they're so warm and welcoming, you can't help but have a great time at their house. I figured he should experience that, ya know. All day, I kept looking over at his desk trying to spot a good time to catch him. CRAZY CRAZY FRIDAY!!!


It was going on 5:00pm and I started to give up hope. I asked Mamacita if she could just invite him, but she didn't do it. It was closing in on 5:30 and I needed to walk some documents over to the desk next to him. Luckily by then, the two "Ghetto girls" had clocked out and left. As I was placing the docs on their desks, I turned to Mr.NY and asked him his plans for the weekend. Surprisingly he turned to face me (usually he's too busy to turn away from his computer) and rattled off a whole list of things to do. My heart started to sink. Of course he wouldn't be able to go....with all of his ol' college buddies in town and his usual Friday/Saturday rituals, he'd never have time to go. He in turn asked me what I was doing this weekend. I told him I had some 'church stuff' going on. He didn't quite accept my 'church stuff' answer at face value and questioned it. So I asked if he was familiar with I-5 North in La Jolla and the "big white...."

He cut me off, "The Mormon Tabernacle?! You're Mormon?? What?!"

"...temple. Yep, I'm Mormon"

He was blown away! He was shocked and speechless. Thankfully, by his smile, he wasn't turned away by it. (THANK GOODNESS!!!) "I would have never guessed that you were Mormon!!" (That kinda shocked me. I'm not too sure what he envisioned a "Mormon" to look like?) So then I let him in on the reason of what really took me out to New Jersey. I think it was all hitting him like a ton of bricks, because when I told him that I was a 'Mormon Missionary' out in Jersey, he started rubbing his face. The poor guy looked tired, so this was probably a lot to take in all at once. So he wouldn't die from shock, I tried to get back to the point...I told him about Mamacita's party and that he should definitely check it out! I told him of the amazing food, how much fun it would be and if he needed a ride I could pick him up after the temple since it's on the way.

He was pretty stoked for it and totally wanted to check it out and asked me for my number. YES, YES HE DID!! I was beside myself!! Was Mr.NY really getting my digits?!?! So I gave it to him and he took it one step further, he called and left a voicemail so that I would definitely have his number. He told me to call him beforehand to remind him because he was afraid he would forget.

So that, ladies and gentlemen, was my Friday Fave 5 wrapped up into 1. Just when I was ready to throw in the towel, I stepped up and talked to him. I couldn't let that opportunity pass. I would forever kick myself if I did. Wow, I need to get a new outfit or something. I can't believe that in 24 hours I will be hangin' out with Mr.NY and eating some really good Mexican food.
Happy Friday to me!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...