Thursday, January 1, 2009

'Hooked on Phonics' didn't work for me tonight.

I LOVE being a Temple worker. It's truly wonderful. I work the Saturday mid-day shift, which means I work from 11am til 5pm. I also work full time during the week. By the time Saturday rolls around it's just like part of the typical work week, so Sunday becomes my only day off.
Well, normally the Temple closes twice a year for routine maintenance, so I thought I'd check the church website just to make sure. It said: "Dec. 31 - Jan. 14" SWEET!! I'd FINALLY have a FREE WEEKEND!! Two in fact!! WWWHOOOOOO HOOOOOO!! What do I want to do?! Go to Disneyland with some friends? Sleep in?? Go out with Adrian earlier in the day instead of that evening? Hangout with some friends that are in town? Whatever I wanted to do on a Saturday, I could finally do! But hold up.... did I read that correctly? Did it say "Dec. 31" or "Monday, Dec.31"?? Then I started to think about it...Monday, December 31?? Why would it say that, when New Year's Eve was on a Wednesday? Well I was on Facebook and read a friend's status line which said, "...going to take wedding photos in the morning". Then it all started to make sense....Monday, Dec.31 was actually Dec.31, 2007!! She could only take wedding photos tomorrow because she's getting married at the temple this Saturday...which means, the Temple will be open...
...and I will be working.

Adios Saturday plans.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...